RAS-2 (RELEASE AND SECRETE)
RAS, which stands for Release and Secrete, is a proprietary compounded pharmaceutical that combines a growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH called a secretogogue, and the hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). The combination of HCG and Sermorelin) has shown to be a powerful option in the area of disease management and anti-aging medicine. RAS-2 can slow the age related decline of specific hormones including growth hormone, progesterone, and testosterone that leads to aging and inflammation.
Sermorelin and HCG have different functions, but in combination have been shown to work synergistically when used in clinical observational trials. They demonstrate strong signals to the body to produce and secrete important hormones with several associated functions.
Progesterone, testosterone and growth hormone are important hormones that decline with age and found to be deficient in many disease states and can be optimized with the use of RAS-2. When you correct hormone deficiencies and promote hormone balance you can reduce symptoms of disease, slow aging, while improving performance, mentation, and sense of well-being.
Sarcopenia, which is the loss of lean muscle mass, is one of the unfortunate results of hormone reduction seen with normal aging, but can be caused by a host of other conditions. Many people will start to suffer from sarcopenia as early as age 25. This depends on lifestyle and health status. Maintaining lean muscle mass is essential for some of the body’s functions that will help us with healthy aging. Lean muscle plays a major role in protein and fat metabolism, hormone regulation, immune function, skeletal support, skin integrity, and other organ support.
It is well documented that the loss of lean muscle mass seen with aging can increase the risk of disease, bone fractures, reduced activities of daily living, and over all a decrease in sense of well-being. RAS-2 can help slow the rate of sarcopenia and actually promote muscle maintenance without the use of synthetic testosterone or growth hormone. RAS-2 has shown favorable results by observational clinical studies in the areas of:
- Increase libido
- Hormone balancing
- Appetite stimulation at certain dosing
- Increased metabolism
- Weight loss with correct nutritional program
- Decrease pain in fibromyalgia patients
- Reduction in cholesterol levels
Why RAS-2 In Place of synthetic Growth Hormone (GH) or Testosterone?
There are situations when taking synthetic growth hormone and testosterone may be a better option than RAS-2. When the body loses the capabilities to produce testosterone effectively, HCG will not be an effective option and those interested in hormone therapies will have to rely on other options.
- Taking synthetic GH or testosterone can directly disrupt the body’s innate negativefeedback mechanism. Negative feedback corrects for changes in a system by increasing amounts of a hormone or substance when levels are too low, and by decreasing amounts of a hormone or substance when levels are too high. Therefore, if these substances are not taken continuously or monitored closely they can be a direct cause of deficiency by shutting down one’s own internal production.
- GH taken in one large dose does not mimic the body’s natural production andrelease of GH.
- GH is very expensive when compared to the available growth hormone releasers orsecretogogues.
- There are many side effects of taking too much growth hormone or testosterone.
- GH and testosterone are controlled substances and GH is restricted only to thosewith a documented growth hormone deficiency, making access to it difficult.
Growth Hormone Releasers - Secretogogues
Medical research supports that secretogogues can stimulate both young and aging pituitary cells to secrete growth hormone. These natural growth hormone releasers use a variety of amino acids such as glutamine, tyrosine, GABA, arginine, and lysine, to cause the human body to produce and release its own growth hormone. Growth hormone secretogogues are a more natural approach in contrast to synthetic Human Growth Hormone (HGH), which increases growth hormone in the body, but can also disrupt the body’s own feedback mechanism causing growth hormone resistance. Synthetic HGH also has been found to have many more side effects when compared to the secretogogues.
Side Effects of HGH
- Nerve, muscle, or joint pains
- Swelling due to fluid in the body's tissues
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Numbness and tingling of the skin
- Elevated cholesterol levels
Sermorelin acetate comprised of 29 amino acids and is a synthetic formulation that stimulates the release of Growth Hormone (GH). Sermorelin is a Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone (GHRH) that is produced by the pituitary gland and is necessary for normal growth and development
Sermorelin is also used for anti-aging purposes such as:
- Increases natural production of Human Growth Hormone HGH
- Enhanced energy & strength
- Improves quality of sleep and helps combat insomnia
- Increases IGF-1 levels
- Enhances wound healing
- Improves Physical and Mental Performance
- Enhances calcium retention and bone density *Improves Immune Function
- Improves fat burning
- Improves energy
- Improves sex drive and desire
- Improves skin elasticity
- Aids in connective tissue repair post injury (wound healing)
- Improves quality of sleep
- Increases bone density through calcium retention
- Bolsters the immune system
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG)
We all have a small gland deep within our brain called the hypothalamus. This is a vital part of the body which controls all our autonomic functions, including breathing, heart beat, digestion, sleep and the complicated functions of the endocrine (hormone) system. Included in these endocrine functions is the regulation and control of metabolism and weight.
HCG mimics the hormone Luteinizing Hormone, therefore the administration of HCG is used in certain circumstances to enhance the production of testosterone and progesterone. In men, HCG injections are used to stimulate the leydig cells to synthesize testosterone. Typical uses for HCG in men include low testosterone levels and fertility treatment, but some clinical trials are supporting some benefits in weight loss.
***This product is not FDA approved and therefore outside of clinical use, but substantial information is available on its role in clinical observational trials.